What to Expect at AAPS 2020 PharmSci 360
It’s that time of the year again. October 26th marks the beginning of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) PharmSci 360 event. This yearly assembly of pharmaceutical scientists from across the globe is designed to share research and exchange ideas in the pursuit of global health and the betterment of humanity.
PharmSci 360 draws thousands of the scientific community’s brightest minds in what is one the largest scientific conversations of the year in this segment of the pharmaceutical industry. It provides an excellent opportunity for us to network with some of the best in our industry and is a highly anticipated event for all of our experts.
Understandably, because of the ongoing pandemic, this year’s AAPS PharmSci 360 will be a little different from year’s past. Great consideration has been taken to ensure everyone’s safety during this unprecedented time. To protect the health of attendees, PharmaSci 360 will be an entirely virtual event this year. AAPS will offer a wide variety of virtual symposiums covering an array of science-based subject matter.
What to Expect at AAPS 2020 PharmSci 360
The 2020 PharmSci 360 will take place over a two week period and stretch from October 26th through November 5th with workshops taking place online after the event. All session recordings and posters will remain available to registrants until December 31st.
The best part about this year’s conference is that you can enjoy over 500 speakers from the comfort of your office or living room. AAPS will provide a comprehensive 6-track scientific program with 300+ sessions and hundreds of posters. You choose who you want to see and interact with. With a two-week-long conference, followed by two additional months to access all recordings and materials, you can take your time soaking in all of the latest groundbreaking news and innovations from the global scientific community.
The AAPS will host virtual live group events with expert panels, authors, and leading SCOs. All attendees will have access to Connect 360 which will allow you to locate and contact other registrants who have shared interests and goals. Registrants, as well as speakers, will enjoy an entire virtual suite that includes a solution center, partner presentations, the tech challenge, and software labs that will all be online and ready to enjoy at your leisure.
During the conference, you will have the ability to connect one-on-one, in real-time, with the BioAgilytix team and engage with other industry leaders. All of PharmSci 360 will be available on a schedule that allows you to see everything! Register now and mark your calendar for October 26. This event is not to be missed!
At this year’s PharmSci 360 there will be a lot of talk surrounding pandemic preparedness, and the development of rapid COVID-19 testing, effective vaccines, and therapeutics. And of course, there will be the usual lineup of the latest and most innovative scientific findings made over the last year.
Among the high-profile plenary speakers, Dr. Jennifer Doudna, Ph.D. will be in attendance. It’s been a big year for Dr. Dounda, as she was recently awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for her pioneering work in CRISPR gene editing. And as many of you are now aware, the FDA recently cleared funds to develop CRISPR-based rapid COVID-19 testing that could revolutionize the way we test for the coronavirus. Very exciting stuff indeed.
Here are other key speakers that you won’t want to miss…
- Jim McNally, Ph.D. Chief Scientific Officer, BioAgilytixDr. McNally has an extensive background in bioanalytical assay development and program leadership spanning nearly 20 years working in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. He will be hosting a roundtable discussion about the Bioanalysis of Gene & Cell Therapies.
- Chad Briscoe, Ph.D. Chief Scientific Officer, BioAgilytixDr. Briscoe provides scientific and regulatory oversight to BioAgilytix’s global teams with strategic guidance in line with emerging scientific developments. He will be co-chairing the bioanalytical sub-track programming and well as mediating a presentation on Protein biomarker mass spectrometry and if your lab is ready for the next horizon?
- Dr. Jennifer Zemo Director, BioAgilytixJennifer has over ten years of post-graduate experience in scientific research and development, including positions at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) and Grifols, Inc. Jennifer will be exploring the Assessment of Biotin Interference in Ligand Binding Assays.
- Todd Lester Associate Director, BioAgilytixTodd Lester has an extensive background in large molecule bioanalysis spanning over 15 years working in CROs and on the pharma side of the industry. Todd will be involved in two different discussions. Bioanalysis of Biosimilars – Leveraging the Past to Shape the Future, and Rapid Fire: Bioanalytics – Biomolecular: Are You Ready for the Laboratory of the Future?
- Anita Simkins VP, Global Quality Assurance, BioAgilytixAnita H. Simkins, ASCP, RQAP-GLP is currently the Vice President of Global Quality Assurance at BioAgilytix Labs, L.L.C. Anita has a combination of 30 years of experience working within CLIA, ISO, GMP, GLP and GCP environments within pharmaceutical, diagnostic, biotechnology and Clinical Research Organizations. Anita will be discussing, Is Your Bioanalytical Lab Ready for a Pandemic?
- Luke Armstrong, Ph.D. Manager II, BioAgilytixLuke Armstrong has over 15 years of experience in reagent product development and contract research in cell-based assays, pharmacology, molecular cloning, protein expression, and immunoassays. Luke will be covering Validated Assay for Neutralizing Antibodies Against AAV9 in Human Serum.
Of course, each topic and theme will be thoroughly discussed using a variety of platforms such as live and interactive symposiums. The AAPS website allows you to browse by the theme of the discussions so you can create a schedule based on your interests, affiliations and partnerships. Some topics that will be covered in detail include…
- Advances and Innovation in Formulation Development
- Advances in Preclinical Development of Immuno-Therapeutics
- Advances in Process Control, Modeling and Analytics
- Are You Ready For The Laboratory Of The Future?
- Clinical Pharmacology Driving Innovative Trial Design
- Drug Delivery and Device Development
- Innovation and Acceleration of Preclinical Development
- Innovations in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering
- Making the Immune System Behave: Vaccines, Immunotherapies and Other Treatments
- Manufacturing and Analytical Challenges of Emerging Therapeutic Modalities and Novel Delivery System
- Model Informed Drug Development: 2020 and Beyond
- Novel Therapeutic Modalities – Clinical Pharmacology Considerations
- Preclinical Biomarker Studies: Connecting Discovery and Clinical Development
- Preclinical Development of Novel Therapeutic Modalities and Approaches
Meet with BioAgilytix at AAPS 2020 PharmSci 360
This year, six of BioAgilytix’s expert scientists and executives will be featured as keynote speakers to discuss everything from biomarkers, cell therapies, gene editing, and pandemic preparedness, to the future of lab infrastructure and innovation.
Our attending team members will be on-hand to discuss evolving industry best practices and how BioAgilytix can help support your complex bioanalytical projects with premium science, service, and quality.
The scientific team at BioAgilytix has collective experience supporting novel drug development for a range of disease areas that have made BioAgilytix the go-to contract research organization for large companies and organizations looking to create more effective biologic therapeutics in these fields.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to engage with the BioAgilytix panel at the 2020 PharmSci 360. And right before the conference, please check out this valuable and informative webinar hosted by our very own CSO, Jim McNally. In this webinar, we will be discussing the impact of pre-existing immunogenicity against AAV on gene therapy trials. Don’t miss out on this year’s premier scientific event!