BioAgilytix and Our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Practices
At BioAgilytix, We Are Committed to Fostering a Culture That Promotes Sustainability, Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance.
We are a proud participant in the United Nations Global Compact, a multi-year international program to align businesses with key sustainability goals around human and labor rights and environmental stewardship.
BioAgilytix creates an environment where all individuals are respected and valued, regardless of their background or identity. As a global organization, we embrace the different backgrounds our employees, customers, and suppliers enable our innovation. We support a culture of solving scientific bioanalytical challenges through active collaboration and partnership.
We promote diversity in our workforce and are committed to providing opportunities for employees of all backgrounds while also ensuring equitable promotion and development. Through our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) we are able to foster an inclusive work environment, promoting diversity, and empowering employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
In fact, BioAgilytix won Triangle Business Journal’s Leaders in Diversity Award in 2021.
We aim to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities through health and wellness, education and environmental stewardship. We strive to create meaningful partnerships with local organizations and to foster a culture of giving that creates a ripple effect of positive change. We are committed to creating positive outcomes for the local communities in which we operate.
Our programs work to increase public awareness of health and wellness topics, improve access to educational resources and promote sustainable practices to protect our planet. We believe that good health, access to education and environmental sustainability are essential components of a vibrant and thriving community.
Examples of our community outreach initiatives include:
- Hosting a STEM-based educational program for local students
- Participating in community environmental initiatives, such as sponsoring beach clean-ups, tree plantings, and other conservation activities
- Developing educational programs that promote science and health literacy.
- Providing resources and education to local communities on the benefits of health and wellness
- Partnering with local organizations to provide volunteer opportunities, internships, and mentorship programs to help foster the development of the next generation of scientists
At BioAgilytix, we are committed to the development and implementation of sustainable processes. The goals of these processes are to reduce consumption, to minimize waste and to promote efficiency. Examples of these initiatives include:
- Improving energy efficiency and reducing water usage
- Supporting sustainable business practices through alternative transportation and green initiatives
- Investing in sustainable technologies such as renewable energy sources, sustainable packaging, and eco-friendly products and services
We are committed to transparency and ethical practices in our decision-making and operations. We strive to ensure that our business operations are conducted in accordance with our company’s policies, regulatory requirements, and local governing laws of the jurisdictions in which we operate. We ensure that our interactions with our customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders are conducted in a respectful, ethical, and equitable manner.
Our ESG initiatives are overseen by the BioAgilytix ESG Council, C-Suite leaders from the Executive, Operations, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources and Quality Assurance teams. The ESG Council guides the ESG Working Group, which is responsible for the execution of ESG activities. The ESG Working Group includes operational leaders from all areas of the company.
As part of our governance practice, we will readily comply with the UN Global Compact’s requirement to submit an annual Communication on Progress (CoP), starting in 2024.
Future plans and goals for improving ESG performance
At BioAgilytix, we are constantly striving to improve our local and global impact by developing and implementing sustainable initiatives. In addition to joining the UN Global Compact, we look to their ten guiding principles to enhance our future programs. We look to improve our status and will continue to participate in:
- EcoVadis – a global assessment platform that rates corporate sustainability based on environmental impact, labor and human rights standards, ethics and procurement practices. Currently holding a Bronze badge, as we build out our sustainability efforts we strive to achieve Gold.
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) – an international nonprofit that collects and reports on the environmental impact of participating organizations
- CyberVadis – an organization that assesses and reports standardized cybersecurity ratings